Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy 4th of July Birthday Lindsay!

As you may know, Lindsay's birthday falls on July 4th.  Celebration, we had!  I asked her what she wanted for dinner and she suggested two of her favorite things from the kitchen of John: Seasoned potatoes and baked cauliflower (stay tuned for future posts regarding these delicious food items!).  Since we've been BBQing a lot, I thought we'd continue and do Grandma's marinated chicken.  YUM!  We had Mom and Dad Turner over, along with Tammy and my grandparents.



Since Lindsay works with cakes about four days a week, I thought she'd like to have something else other than cake for her birthday.  I knew she loved the red velvet cheesecake they have at the Cheesecake Factory so I thought perhaps I'd make a cheesecake for her.  Don't worry, we still managed to make it over to the Factory to get her a piece of the red velvet!  Anywho, I did a search on one of my very favorite blogs, Project Domestication, and found one of the delicious recipes she had tried...and it was DELICIOUS, mmmkkaayy!!!  If you don't believe me, feel free to ask her!  


Everyone had a delightful time and we thank our guests for celebrating with Lindsay!
Later that evening we went over to Hagan Park where the annual Rancho Cordova 4th of July celebration was being held.  It's a big deal here in R.C.!  The fireworks were amazing and we were impressed.  


BTW - Congratulations to our little city of Rancho Cordova for winning the "highly coveted All America City Award...a distinction of a lifetime"!  Pretty cool, eh?!



GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

1 comments:

Jon and Emmalee said...

Oh John, do you know how much I love you for spoiling Lindsay like this ! Your photo of her blowing out the candles is awesome ! How the heck do you do that !! Lindsay, your hair is gorgeous. Sure love ya xoxo MOM

Post a Comment