Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Got Mexican? Try Urbanos Mexican Restaurant!

We went ahead and purchased an Entertainment book this year.  It's really not hard to get one's money back after eating out just a handful of times with this thing.  It also forces us to try new places.  Even though I've been in Sac since birth practically, there are so many dining establishments in the area we've yet to try!  Last night we were in the mood for Mexican cuisine.  We LOVE Garcia's buuuuuut they aren't in the E-book.  Remember when they were though?  Such a long time ago...  Anywho, we found this place in Carmichael by the name of Urbanos.  Looks like a complete dive from the outside.  In fact we hesitated in turning from the center divide in fear we had made a bad decision.  This place looked very dark from the outside, almost like a scuzzy bar.  Upon entering the facility, we noticed the place was packed. 

Let me first start by saying that I typically don't order tacos at restaurants.  I usually find them inedible and a waste of effort.  Quite honestly, I thoroughly enjoy the white boy tacos with ketchup the family makes at home.  I ordered a chicken enchilada and beef taco.  In her quest for flautas, similar to those offered at a local Mexi shop in her hometown, Lindsay ordered two chimichangas, one each of pork and beef.  My beef taco was the best taco I've experienced at a restaurant.  The beef was delicious and flavorful.  My enchilada was delicious but I enjoyed my taco more.  Definitely unexpected.  The beans and rice were fantastic as well.  Lindsay preferred her pork chimichanga over the shredded beef.  I found her shredded beef to be a bit spicy.  Her chimichanga was the closest match to her beloved flautas!  They bring you homemade chips and salsa.  YUMMMMYYY!!! 

The food was delicious!  I would highly recommend Urbanos Mexican Restaurant in Carmichael.  Don't let the outside scare you.  The food was delicious!

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Scuzzy hole-in-the-wall Mexican places are the best!

Post a Comment