At the beginning of a new year, I reflect on how quickly the last year flew by and I relish in memories while I can still remember! (My brain is sadly dwindling in the memory department.) How blessed we were in 2010!We started off the year newly married- what an exciting feeling that was (and still is).
What JOY! ;-)
2010 was a year of hard work for the both of us. Working two jobs was no easy task for me, and John would probably utter the same sentiment because he was busy renovating our home and taking care of his tired wife after working a full day himself. We knew the hard work would pay off- setting our sights on saving enough money to purchase our first home "together"- a great opportunity to work together toward a common goal.
Hard work should always be followed by great fun. We enjoyed trips to Colorado, Cancun, and Disneyland with family and friends, amongst other mini excursions. As John has chronicled so beautifully on the blog, you can see we had our share of fun in life this last year.
As this new year commences, (I cannot believe it is already February!)
we are once again setting our sights on great things ...
Baby? When are we going to have a baby? (That seems to be the million dollar question lately..) When I am asked that, I think of the age-old phrase "a watched pot never boils" and that some things work out in their own time. We both want to have a family. We understand our divine roles as parents and we we promise we will let everyone know when our pot is boiling :)
xoxo
4 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL home!! I'm so excited for you guys!! xoxo
Thank You, Heather. The inside is not so beautiful, but it WILL be! :) I'll definitely be checking your blog for cute ideas...
Yay for a new house! Good luck with the renovations! And I love it when you guys update your blog. Just saying. :)
The "when are you having kids" thing doesn't end when you actually have a kid. Then it becomes "when are you having another baby?!" It never ends!
Thanks Kristy!! We're so very excited to take on this new project and make it ours.
Yes, I know, we haven't done as well as you in the blog department. We've had much on our plate lately. Hopefully you'll be seeing more of us as we start tearing down walls!
Good to hear from you! BTW - Thanks for the card. We didn't send any out because we've thought we were moving for the past four months! HAAA!
Post a Comment