Saturday, July 28, 2012

Window 2012

One of the great things about the Manor when we purchased it was that it has a ton of windows.  All of the windows, with the exception of one, had been replaced with newer dual-paned windows.  How wonderful was it that there was one less expense to be concerned about!  Prior residents had paid for Milgard windows to be installed throughout the house - quite an expense considering the number of windows!  However, one single-paned aluminum window remained...and it was one big @$$ window!

Having had the experience of replacing the windows of Paiute Place a bajillion years ago, I knew I could do this.  The Manor has a stucco exterior on the back side.  This threw me off a little bit but only until I learned that retrofit windows slip right into the existing aluminum frame!  A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!  It was a fairly simple process.  

Here are pics of our new window!  You'll see that I painted the window sill as well.   
It looks SO MUCH BETTER!




One project down, many more to go!

These are the websites that provided great assistance to me:



0 comments:

Post a Comment