Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Jobs For All

Lindsay became the new Wilton instructor for Michaels in Folsom. She’s enjoyed doing demos on Saturdays and is anxious to teach her first class. She has two classes in February. Tune in later for her report on how it goes! I’m happy for her to be able to do something she enjoys and is good at. During the week days, she’s working for a local hardwood distributor in Sacramento. The jury’s still out on what kind of company it is in terms of how it’s run but she’s enjoying doing payroll so far.

I started my new job with the Dept. of Child Support Services last Monday. I love it so far. From everything I’ve heard regarding not only the Dept but the particular branch I’m in, this seems to be the greatest place to work! Many of the peeps here have been here since the inception of the department back in 2000. That’s a good sign! Parking is free! It’s approximately 1.4 miles from the house!! I get to go home for lunch every day!!! It’s fantastic!!!! I feel really lucky to have scored this job. I hope to learn more about this new department and welcome the work! No, it was not a promotion, but I’m hoping for promotional opportunities in the next year or so. However, have I mentioned the free parking? How about the 1.4 mile commute to/from home?

DHCS has served me well. I had started there as a student assistant back in 1997 and kinda worked my way through and up the department since then. I’ve worked with some really great people and have managed to keep in touch with many of them, some ending up to be wonderful people whom I admire and respect. They were there when I was a little tyke and were still around for the event of the millennium last October. Good times! Others…not so much but we get that no matter where we go, right? How could we forget Ol’ Yeller? Dora/Rolie Polie-Olie? S.R.C.? All interesting miserable human beings who will continue to crap on any office they work for.

Anywho, I will miss DHS/DHCS. It has definitely evolved in the last twelve years. There were some good times. There were not so good times. In the end, I’m grateful for the positive experiences I’ve had. Most recently, thanks to my great friends of LTCRU (as well as the AT&T bars) for sending me off just a few weeks ago. I will miss the good times and I hope that ya’ll find positive places to work that make you happy! I will miss being able to see Mom Turner at work as often as I was able to. We were in the same Branch for many of those years and then she moved one building over but we were still able to walk the Cap every day. Good news for her – I know where she lives so she and Dad still get to see us! HAAA!

John's peeps from DHCS/LTCRU.

I do look forward to a new chapter in my work experience and do believe that I am meant to be here. Yeaaaa!!!! Cheers to new jobs!!!!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man I forgot about Ol Yeller!!! Good times!! Ahhhh memories!

Post a Comment