Sunday, May 2, 2010

Milk, Cheese, Eggs...and a juice box for one?

Lindsay and I were in Safeway last Saturday checking out when we noticed this guy checking out in the next aisle over.  The cashier scanned his milk, cheese, and then eggs.  He handed over his food stamps to pay for his goods.  This was all fine and dandy...except that she continued to scan his adult beverage.  Don't worry, he was able to pay cash for that!   WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Sir, you probably could have paid for your dairy yourself had you not purchased your special juice box!  We just paid for it for you.  YOU'RE WELCOME!

Sample of his special juice box:



Dear Medi-Cal:
I think you need to fine-tune your screening and auditing process when re-enrolling the poor folk!

1 comments:

Kristy said...

Hahaha! Who really buys boxed wine anyway? It makes me think of Seinfeld. Oh, and how DARE you even suggest that the government tell people how to spend their food stamps! Why do you hate poor people?! (Good grief I'm tired of this country sometimes.) :)

Post a Comment