Lindsay here, FINALLY contributing to the family blog- this means I actually have free time ! :)
- I am happy to report I no longer work at the lumber company... WOOO-EEEE! They called me "short-timer" before I left because I only worked there three months... but I don't feel sad about it at all. :)
- I accepted a job with the CA Department of Health Care Services- Office of Public Affairs. I work in the same building John just left (I often wish he was just a floor below me so we could take romantic walks and lunches together... oh well). I am finally working in the field of Public Relations and in the "downtown city". I find it quite exciting to take the light rail to work and to be able to walk the grounds of the state capitol almost daily. I enjoy the people- the office reminds me of my good ole' days with BYU Public Affairs.
- I LOVE teaching my cake decorating classes. I still drive to the Michael's in Folsom 3-4 nights a week to teach Decorating Basics, Flowers/Cake Design, and Fondant/GumPaste classes. My students are great and we manage to have lots of fun while learning. (I'm still not sick of buttercream icing, dang it! I guess this is a curse from my grandmother that will just never go away.)
- The only bummer with all this, is that I see John for .02 seconds after work/before I head to class and for about an hour afterwards until my eyes sink into the back of my head from exhaustion. Loving what I do makes it easier to manage- but I sure enjoy furloughs and the weekend to help renew my energy.
All in all, LIFE IS GOOD... GREAT, actually. I am reminded daily of the best choice I ever made- marrying John. He is so helpful and is probably the only reason I manage to survive my crazy schedule: he makes me breakfast to-go, fills up my water bottle before I leave, packs my lunch, does the laundry, and prepares delicious dinners hot-and-ready no matter what time I get home. It's all the little things... that add up to great things... that remind me just how lucky I really am!
Here's a photo I keep on my desktop, thought I'd share:

0 comments:
Post a Comment