Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A little here, a little there, a lot of savings everywhere!

The couponing adventures have continued.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of this.  After missing out on my KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce for $.50 after coupon at Target a few weeks back, I thought I'd skeet skirt on out early last week.  

Last Monday's rendezvous started at Walgreens:


Four 12 oz bags of M&Ms for $.75 ea!  The stinky thing is that I now have $5 in Register Rewards (like cash) that I must spend before a certain date.  In my opinion these are a PIA to use but we’ll be needing drugs here pretty soon for my Lindsay so that will definitely come in handy. 

Here’s how:
Courtesy of MyFrugalAdventures:
M&Ms Candy 4/$10
Get $5 Register Reward
Use  $1/2 Mars Bags Of M&M’s or Dove Chocolate, 7 Varieties, exp. 10/31/11 (RP 08/28/11)
Final Price: as low as $.50 per bag after coupons and RR 

My next stop was Safeway for CheezIts!

These were on sale for $1.49 with a Safeway coupon and Club card.  Because I earned a $3 catalina (Safeway cash) from my Gain purchase, this little purchase cost me $1.47 for three boxes! 

But wait, it gets better…

My third and final stop was Target.  This time I went straight back to see if they had perhaps restocked the BBQ sauce..  The heavens must have opened because ONE bottle had dropped from the sky, calling MY name!  I had two coupons but I guess one bottle is better than nothing, right?  Whatever.

Upon check out, I had
One bottle of KC Masterpiece
One 32 oz jar of Mt. Olive pickle relish
Three boxes of Zatarian rice
TOTAL: $3.53
  

BUT because of a balance from the Target gift card I had received from a prior purchase of razors, my total out of pocket for this trip was $1.43!

What a rush!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Where are the OTHER TWO boxes of cheez-its???? Are you hiding them from the addict?? ;-)

Post a Comment