Monday, October 31, 2011

Savings at Safeway

This was another delightful trip to Safeway!  Thanks to the 6 x 11 card o'coupons we received in the mail advertising ways to create inexpensive meals.  The coupons were for free Safeway branded items.  For the most part, I ain't too picky when it comes to brand names (...I did say for the most part)!  There were some pretty good items on there (ie. marinade, salad dressing, salsa, $3.50 4lb bag of chicken chichis, etc.). The only catch was that I had to spend a minimum of $10.  Since I already had my coups out for various other items and on the hunt for the $2.49 Best Foods, that was not an issue.

I must pause to mention that I happened to notice that Safeway had their own brand of cooking sprays.  Once upon a time, Trader Joe's had this baking spray that had flour in it.  It was terrific but like a handful of items from the past like my beloved flake salt and lysine, it has disappeared never to return!  Needless to say, when I spied a similar canned substance of a Safeway Select nature, I was all over it, especially at $2 a can.  Definitely worth a shot (or a spray)!

Back to my delightful coupon experience, it's not the most fabulous coupon raid I've had but I think that getting all of these items for $18.39 made for a very nice visit!  Here's to free tortillas and salsa (and a bunch of other free shiz!)!!!

$18.39 for all this shiz!!!

P.S.  Remember when Lucky ("the low price leader") used to be in this neck of the hood and "3 was a crowd"?  Those were the days because 3 is DEFINITELY not a crowd at THIS Safeway!  Apparently it takes about six on four different registers...

1 comments:

jstme said...

Good shopping always impresses me!
and thanks for the update on the flour spray!
I didn't know Safeway had it!

Post a Comment