Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Home Rehab Addiction...

I've discovered a few shows that I find inspirational on the home renovation front.  There are some very hokey shows on this channel.  However, there are some that I really enjoy.  They're what encourage me to keep swinging that hammer here at the Manor!  Take a look...

1) Rehab Addict (DIY Network) - "Nicole Curtis is a sweet-talking, hammer-swinging whirlwind.  Working in Minneapolis and Detroit, Nikki discovers historic houses once the pride of the neighborhood that have fallen on hard times.  Pushing her rough 'n' tough crew, arguing with her family, wrangling with city officials and dealing with the usual litany of old house headaches, it's not always pretty.  By the time the dust clears, a house that was ready for the wrecking ball is restored to its former glory."   She shares with you tips and tricks she's learned throughout her experience.  The girl does it all!  She despises building codes - "I'd rather burn the house down than have to comply with somebody's building code!"  After having to deal with our new city of residence and their stinky permit processes, I can relate to this!  I find her to be quite humorous and sarcastic and I love it!  I especially LOVE the Minnehaha house she's been working on this season, built in 1885 and approximately 4000 square feet!  It's beautiful and has so much character and charm!


2) Family Under Construction (DIY Network) - "Greg and Danielle Bryk have shared 17 years together and 20 houses. They have finally set their sights on their first real home to share with their three children. The only issue: The 1940s house needs to be torn down to the studs. With Greg at work and Danielle trying to balance her role as mother and general contractor, building their dream house may be more than they bargained for."  This is one cute little family!  It's amusing to watch as this couple fumbles through the renovation of the former crack house. It's quite enjoyable.



3) Sarah's House (DIY Network) - We follow Sarah as she purchases a house and renovates room by room.  While her budgets are much more than ours will ever be, she still strives to shop sales, getting the best bang for her buck.  I really like her taste and her rooms are quite stylish.  



4) Kitchen Impossible (DIY Network) - "When it comes to a kitchen, renovation can literally bring down the house. Homeowners want a showplace but often end up overwhelmed, out of money and frustrated with the process of overhauling their kitchen. On DIY Network's Kitchen Impossible, carpenter and electrician Marc Bartolomeo works with homeowners to achieve the kitchen they've always wanted. But getting the job done right can mean changing plans or ripping out existing construction. Our cameras are there to capture the twists and turns that come with home improvement. In the end, Marc shows homeowners that with a little work and ingenuity, getting their dream kitchen is never impossible."  This is one of the better shows as he explains how and why he does some of the things he does.  



1 comments:

Robyn said...

I love Sarah's House!! Our new apartment doesn't have HGTV on the cable and I was devastated when I found out. I want to watch the rest of these shows too.

Post a Comment