Monday, March 28, 2011

The Wedding Cake I Made

I overbooked myself... AGAIN... but I just had to make this wedding cake.  A student in one of my cake decorating classes told me her daughter was getting married and that her daughter was beyond frustrated with how expensive wedding cakes are...  (no surprise there!  Just the word WEDDING in front of the word CAKE nearly doubles the price just because bakeries can). 

When she told me her daughter was getting ready to place her wedding cake order at Safeway- that was when I offered to make it for her.  No bride should have to get her cake in sheet pans from the local grocery store.  She gave me her budget, and we worked things out so the bride was happy!

After lots of love in the kitchen, I made this wedding cake for her special day. It is a 3-tier, White Almond Sour Cream Cake with a Strawberry Cream Cheese filling.... just what she wanted :)


A BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful husband who drove me (with the cake on my lap & in the pouring rain) to the wedding venue.  I am pretty sure the delivery is the most stressful part... but we did it!
           

2 comments:

Ashley Scott said...

Jo....It's GORGEOUS!!! I might have to have you make my wedding cake someday! I CAN'T wait to see you!!!!!

Kristy said...

A-mazing! You're incredibly talented!

Post a Comment