My latest achievement was at Target today. I LOVE Target!!! This is probably one of my biggest triumphs with couponing to date! Take a look:
Four boxes of ZipLocs
Four pkgs of four Shick Quattro razors
Two Oral B floss
One container of TicTacs
One pkg Zantac 150
The purchase of the razors yielded two $5 gift cards, bringing down my net total to
$12.95
Of course, because Target is going through some mad clearance thing right now, I found a few extra items that I considered to be bargains:
One pkg of mayo/mustard/ketchup
One MadGab card game
I'd still consider myself a novice at this stuff. Being at that register with my book of coups, fingers crossed hoping that the plan works as described on various other coupon blogs, can be a tad stressful. However, the worst thing that could happen is that they won't honor the deal and I walk away! No money lost.
While I'm still a novice, I met someone in the ZipLoc aisle in Target today. I had been there trying to decide whether my ZipLoc bag purchase was a real deal or not. FYI - it was a GREAT deal on ZipLoc brand sandwich and snack size bags, perhaps even the gallon size. Target brand bags were the same price. With the coupons, ZipLocs were actually cheaper, so why not. However, the freezer bags weren't such a deal. I had to check myself as I placed those freezer bags in the cart and then removed them. It's definitely a better deal to buy Target brand freezer bags than Ziploc bags unless there's a really terrific sale, FYI. Anywho, so I see this woman with her binder of coups and she's flipping through them. I thought she would be able to assist me with her coupon knowledge. WRONG! She can't print coupons from the internet!!! HELLO!! That's where half the deals are! I didn't feel like such a novice after all. Girl looked like she walked the walk but in the end, she wasn't worth much to my coupon experience. Good luck to her! I proceeded with my project.
What are your favorite coupon blogs? What's your most exciting coupon adventure?
Dontcha just love Target?
1 comments:
Keep going John...the payoffs will get bigger and bigger!!
Post a Comment